Wednesday, January 12, 2011

say whaaat?..

What I’m about to tell you will hopefully make you feel better about yourself, instantly..

I am 25 years old. Approximately 2 years ago I went to see a chiropractor because they give cheap x-rays. I felt I needed an x-ray because I couldn’t walk. My theory being that I had a broken foot.. which I woke up to. So, after no fracture or break was detected, my chiropractor recommended me to a ‘real’ doctor. It was from this ‘real’ doctor that I learned I had an arthritic condition call gout. Yes, gout.. A common problem usually found in 60 year olds.

Days later, I returned to my chiropractor to have my back x-rayed. He told me I had compressed discs in my lower back. After telling him about my gout, he then told me I had the body of a 70 year old man. My jaw dropped and remained dropped.. waiting for the “just kidding” that never came.

Now, years later, my mouth is still open..

No comments:

Post a Comment