Thursday, October 29, 2009

light bulb. .

So, “sometimes” when I acquire a new crush of sorts, I find myself constantly “grooming” my facebook profile. I will go through the first couple pages of my tagged pictures and weed out any that I may have, at one point, been on the fence about. As I was going through this process the other day, it hit me! This was ridic! I mean seriously, what am I doing? Do they even look at my page? I don’t even look at their pages very often. I actually make a point NOT to look, unless I intend on leaving a comment or something. Now don’t get me wrong. . I do my fair share of browsing through their pictures and reading their profile information. . but usually only ONCE. I don’t really want to know who they are talking to or what’s going on in their lives. Walls are just a place to publically display my wit. :) Anyway. .that is what conversations are for. I would hate to be “that guy” who brings something up that had never been previously discussed between the two particular parties. Meaning: someone was creeping.

Anyway, I wondered if there was any real truth behind the method to my grooming madness. Curiosity struck. I wonder how often guys check out girls on facebook. Like, if they start liking someone. . do they visit daily, weekly, monthly. . . ever??

[Mass texting begins.] I sent somewhere in the vicinity of 50-60 texts to most all my guy friends. Married’s excluded. I was surprised by the feedback. The guys I didn’t really expect to hear back from, I heard from. Nice. I got some pretty funny responses, which were sarcastic. However, it being the subject it was. . I deemed their responses to be sincere and the sarcasm was simply a cover. Making them creepy-ish? . . .maybe. The responses ranged from “daily” to “one a month, if ever.” Very cool. The most common response was every few days to weekly. The second most repetitive response was by way of mini feed. If they see something about you there, it's like they have a "why not?" moment. haha!! Interesting. This made my complex of “grooming” my profile go away.

Some more responses:
*probably more than I should. Why? You stalking someone. .
*this feels like a trick.
*what? Do you work for facebook survey?
*bitches be crazy.
To name a few. .

Something I didn’t think about ahead of time though was the curiosity that may come from their end. “Why?” popped up a lot. Explanations were in order. . Needless to say, it was a long day of texting.

In closing, I’d like to make a shout out to the carrier formerly known as Cingular. . thank you for unlimited text messaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment