Friday, October 9, 2009

and the award goes to. .

President Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize today!!
http://msnbc.com/id/33237202/ns/politics-white_house?GT1=43001

They don’t give this prestigious award to just anyone you know. A few of the past winners include Theodore Roosevelt (1906 winner); Martin Luther King Jr. (1964 winner); Mother Theresa (1979 winner); Nelson Mandela (1993 winner); and of course Al Gore, in 2007, as the infamous “founder of pollution”.

My initial reaction: My opinion of the Nobel Peace Prize has been tainted since 2007. But despite that, I am proud of our President and his ability to say the word ‘hope’ well.

I am just sarcastic by nature. Obviously it is an honor for your president win the Nobel Peace Prize. Not only is it awesome but it reflects on our country. So . .good deal! However, I do want to know what it takes exactly to get a Nobel Peace Prize. I mean. . I give people money all the time, sometimes even for medicine.


*I viewed the list of Nobel winners at http://almaz.com/nobel/peace

No comments:

Post a Comment